Monday, October 27, 2008

2 weeks till MR100.2

I can't believe in less than 2 weeks the Mother Road will be here. Got in some decent miles this week but I still don't FEEL like a runner after 6 weeks off. Highlights in reverse order are

Saturday - did 30 miles at night at lake Hefner REALLY slow. Had great company with Dave and Keith for the first lap, Charlie for the second and Reese for the whole thing. Even a suprise or two in my truck when we finished. It's great to have friends like these guys.

Wednesday - did 10k at night through the surrounding neighborhoods, cold and windy and lots of traffic - just like race day

Monday - went to the OKC Running Club meeting and saw Chisolm Deupree give his presentation of his race this year at Badwater. If you think the topo map looks tough check out some pictures of the actual course. I'm still in awe. Ran 10 miles at Hefner after the meeting.

For this week I hope to catch a few runs with Charlie and maybe some others on the weekend. Generally run more often with less miles. Hopefully somewhere along the way I'll start to feel like an athlete again.

No comments: